Time: June 18, 2014 from 10:30am to 7pm
Location: UK Theatre Association
Street: 32 Rose Street
City/Town: London WC2E 9ET
Website or Map: http://www.uktheatre.org/Even…
Phone: 020 7557 6708
Event Type: course., economic, finance, theatre and performance, building operations
organised by: UK Theatre Association
Latest Activity: Mar 7
Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)
• Those new to finance or whose role includes some financial responsibility
• Those working with budgets from assistant to management levels
• Those with some experience of the subject or those looking to refresh their existing skills
Would you like to learn more about finance, how to plan a budget, or simply understand financial processes better? This practical course will cover key issues in financial management and budgeting.
This course is designed as an introduction to finance and will provide you with an understanding of financial information, its relevance and how to use it effectively when making decisions. It will give more confidence to those people who have little or no financial experience.
Learning outcomes - at the end of this course you will:
• Understand the financial language of business and recognise the importance of planning, control and decision making
• Know how to prepare a simple budget and better understand financial information
• Gain a better understanding of how your budgets fit into a wider organisational structure
• Feel confident to talk about budgets and understand financial jargon
• Gain a basic understanding of VAT, PAYE and NI
Mahmood Reza, an experienced working accountant, business advisor, tax professional and educator. He has been actively involved in the charitable and creative and cultural sectors for over 30 years, both in a working, professional and voluntary capacity and currently sits on three charity boards.
Early bird price - Save £15 before 07/05/2014
£110 + VAT for UK Theatre, SOLT, FST, ABO & ITC Members (£125 from 07/05/2014)
£160 + VAT for Non Members (£175 from 07/05/2014)
To book for this event, please visit the website
Add a Comment
RSVP for UK Theatre Introduction to Finance to add comments!